Monday, February 8, 2016

Almond Milk


I had two New Year's resolution, first one was to be vegetarian and second was to do a whole30. However, I realized these two do not work together well. So, I failed both. However I lost 10 pounds, while trying. It does not look like a failure at all:) During my six days of whole30 (that is right, I couldn't even survive one week), I have learned how to make almond milk and wanted to share.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cup raw almonds
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 dessertspoon maple syrup, honey or molasses (optional)

Preparation


Soak almonds in a water about one day. After one day, you will be able to peel them easily. 
Put them with one up of water in a blender and blend couple of minutes. Then add rest of the water and other ingredients and blend couple of minutes more. 
You can drain it with a cheese cloth and a strainer and squeeze. I did not do it, since I prefer a thick one. Enjoy!

No comments: