I want to thank my friend Gamze for sharing her recipe with me.
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable/canola/sunflower oil
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat or corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of crushed hazelnuts
Take a large bowl and put butter, oil, powdered sugar and starch in it. After kneading them add one cup of flour and baking powder with the help of a strainer. This will allow baking powder to spread well.
Then add vanilla and knead adding remaining flour slowly. You can add more flour if you feel it is sticky.
Add crushed hazelnuts and knead one last time. Then give them round shape and put on a baking pan with some distance.
Bake them 30 minutes 325-350 preheated oven. You can sprinkle cacao powder or powdered sugar on them. Enjoy!